Housing for All - Rent Should be Affordable
- Preserve subsidized and stabilized housing. Keep folks in their homes.
- Expand affordable housing options including small-scale apartments and “boarding flats,” and tax empty apartments.
- Crack-down on abusive and law-breaking landlords.
- Organize New Yorkers to reclaim home rule of housing from state government.
Good, Accessible Schools - Every Child Deserves a Great Community School
- Support child-centered curricula, not teach-to-the-test instruction.
- Keep class sizes small, with space for each child -- no charter co-locations.
- Develop a priority high school option for School District 3.
- Expand professional development, mentorship, and support programs that ensure teaching excellence.
Effective Constituent Services - Concrete Results When You Need Help
- Guarantee a fast, specific response to every constituent request.
- Maintain a public dashboard of office performance and community feedback.
- Collaborate with community experts and all levels of government to achieve lasting solutions.